As of Friday, April 24th, the City of Arlington is performing free, drive-through COVID-19 testing for all Tarrant County residents who meet testing eligibility.
Eligibility is determined for residents ages 18 and older who are exhibiting symptoms of the respiratory virus that has shaken communities around the world.
These tests are conveniently scheduled by prior appointment. Residents can elect times between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m on Monday and from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday. The site can test up to 275 patients daily.. Interested residents can visit the City’s coronavirus website (www.arlingtontx.gov/coronavirus) to elect a time slot to receive the nasal swab test.
The testing location is only provided once the appointment time has been confirmed. When arriving to the testing site, residents must show a valid photo ID with proof of residency before the test will be performed.
How do I pre-register for a COVID-19 test at the Arlington drive-through?
- Go to www.arlingtontx.gov/coronavirus to see the list of pre-screening criteria. You must review this list to ensure you meet the criteria.
- If you do meet the testing criteria, fill out the form and select the time slot that’s best for you. Schedule your appointments at least one day in advance.Alternately, you can call the Arlington Fire Department at 817-459-6029 to leave a voice message with your name, phone number and address to schedule the appointment. Await appointment confirmation, as appointment times not confirmed will mean the resident is turned away from the testing site. The Arlington FD will follow up with you by calling to verify your testing appointment as well as to provide further instructions.
- If you don’t currently meet the testing criteria, you will still be able to visit the website to request an appointment if your symptoms change in the following days.
How will the testing drive-through work?
- When you arrive at the testing location, you must remain in your vehicle with the windows rolled up.
- Be ready to show your identification to the testing site personnel through the rolled-up car window.
- The testing personnel will advise you on the next steps of the test, which are similar to a nasal swab for the flu.
- Test results will be processed by private, local labs and then provided through that lab’s website to you.
- If you do test positive for COVID-10, you will receive a direct phone call from the Arlington FD with instructions on how to mitigate additional community spread. They will also advise you on how to monitor symptoms to determine if medical supervision at the hospital will be necessary. In most cases, this is not required.
Should I get the COVID-19 test?
Consider getting the drive-through test now available in Arlington if you have COVID-19 symptoms (respiratory) and meet these testing criteria:
- Have a fever of over 99.6
- Have a cough and shortness of breath
- And are employed as a healthcare or essential worker, OR
- Are over 65, OR
- Have a chronic health condition
Together, as the community of Arlington and greater Tarrant County, we will get through this.