Everyone has something special they like to do for Father’s Day, whether it’s a big family celebration or a relaxing day grilling outside. Things might look a bit different this year due to the current changes and restrictions but that doesn’t mean we can’t still enjoy the day. If your dad likes to stay in, is a sports fan, or anything in between, this list has a variety of ideas for the whole family to enjoy.
Lone Star Axe Throwing is great if you’ve got a competitive dad. It is family-friendly, whether everyone is an adult or if kids are present, they offer drinks and arcade games. They also have coaches that will guide those who have never played. Making a reservation is recommended since the service is first come first serve, but walk-ins are also available. If you’re not familiar with this activity, go check it out and see for yourself!
A great summer activity is the stadium tours that are being held by the AT&T Stadium and the new Globe Life Field. One can expect to see everything from jersey displays on the wall to the private suite. Gifts for dad can be purchased in the gift shops to make his day even better. If your dad is a fan of the Texas Rangers or the Dallas Cowboys, this is the next best thing to going to watch a season game.
Take a Water Marbling Class
Catalyst Creative Arts is the place to go if the family wants to create something with their hands. The art studio will be teaching how to water marble a silk scarf at 2:00 pm on Sunday. Creating a one of a kind accessory is sure to be fun for anyone from parents to children.
Try an Arlington Restaurant
With restaurants now operating at 75% capacity, try out a new spot or take dad to his favorite. Below are some places available for dine-in:
- From burgers to wings, Pluckers Wing Bar is offering a free meal for dad when you dine inside the restaurant on Sunday.
- Mellow Mushroom is a classic place to go for pizza. They sell drinks as well as other food items such as sandwiches, calzones, and hoagies. Pizzas can also be customized for gluten-free and vegan options.
- The seafood restaurant, Flying Fish, will be offering 4lbs of crawfish for $25 this Father’s Day weekend. The meal also includes potatoes and corn.
At Home Celebration
Arlington restaurants will be offering pick up and delivery options for families who prefer to stay home. Dad can score some great deals on his special day on places like these:
- The Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar is having family BBQ kits available for pick-up and delivery. The $40 kit includes all you need to make hamburgers, hot dogs, coleslaw and potatoes.
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse has plenty of Family Meal Deals to make your Sunday lunch or dinner hassle-free. This includes the meals like Parmesan Crusted Chicken and Ribs bundle to the Pasta Feast. They offer delivery or carryout options.
- Take advantage of the $50 Family Pack from Papaya Mexican Grill that’s offered from 11 am to 5 pm. This curbside pick-up deal includes your choice of four entrees and four drinks.
Try a Local Arlington Craft Brew
Nothing says Father’s Day like a nice, cold beer. Arlington has great local breweries to support. Places available for dine-in include Legal Draft Beer, Kool Keg Beer & Margaritas, and Division Brewery. More information for these breweries on Sunday are as follows:
- Legal Draft Beer will have $1 off on beers for dine-in. Curbside pick up hours for Sunday are 12 pm to 3 pm
- Division Brewing will have $2 off on certain drinks when you dine in
- Kool Keg is offering pickup and delivery options